Goat 1000 home
Welcome to Goat 1000 - this is where you'll find some of the bits and pieces of software that I cobble together for fun. Please feel free to download them and try them out. All this stuff is freeware, no guarantee that it will do anything, etc. (though if it does fail to do anything, please let me know!)
This is a very unexciting version of JPEG Saver. Sorry. But it does contain some important updates and fixes.
• Probably the most useful update is that JPEG Saver will now load
image files with incorrect extensions, as long as they have an extension that
is one of the types that it recognises. The files will not be renamed or
anything, JPEG Saver will just try loading a strange file as all the other
types it knows about before giving up. In other words, a
rickroll.jpeg will be loaded, but a
history.txt will not.
SVGGraph 3.7 has a few more useful updates in it, improving some existing functions and adding some more features.
This has been on the to-do list for a long time, mainly because I thought it
would already be quite simple to do using the shape options. Not as simple as
adding the new
show_average option to your SVGGraph settings though.
I have actually implemented these average lines using guidelines, which means a
whole load of styling options are available without much extra work.
The example shows the first two average lines drawn behind the graph and the third on top of it. It's probably not a good idea to mix them on a 3D graph because the distance between the horizontal lines doesn't reflect the actual values, but it does show how the two types of line are drawn.
It has been less than a month since the last version of JPEG Saver, but here is another one that does something quite important. There are some other changes, but first comes a big resizing update:
In this version I have improved the resizing options by making them more flexible, more configurable and also less complicated for people who don't want to mess around with loads of options. To make that a bit clearer, here is the less complicated version:
- JPEG Saver - A screen saver for Windows that displays JPEG, PNG and BMP images.
- SVGGraph - A PHP library for generating SVG graphs.
- CRCDropper - A drag and drop CRC32 calculator.
- CRCDropper2 - Another drag and drop CRC32 calculator.
- CRCDropper3 - « see if you can guess what this does ».
- TrayBlank - a small utility for starting the screen saver from the system tray.
- Shuffler - a small utility for managing windows.
- Snow - a web page background snowfall, using the HTML5 canvas element.
About this site
Last updated 07/01/2021.