Goat 1000 home
Welcome to Goat 1000 - this is where you'll find some of the bits and pieces of software that I cobble together for fun. Please feel free to download them and try them out. All this stuff is freeware, no guarantee that it will do anything, etc. (though if it does fail to do anything, please let me know!)
This new version of JPEG Saver is mostly about transitions, though I did fix a bug.
New year, new transitions
Well, it was a new year when I started working on them. I hadn't added any transitions since 2021, so I thought it was about time I did something new, and I've come up with four that move lots of copies of the old and new image around:
- Sphere - images arranged in concentric spheres, rotating;
- Cylinder - images arranged in concentric cylinders, rotating;
- Ring - images in a ring, the camera pulls back and then zooms back in;
- Depth spiral - images spiralling away from the camera, which shifts position.
New year, new version of SVGGraph, new graph type. Actually, there are a lot of small changes in this version but I'll start with the new graph.
It's a type of bar and line graph, but with its own preprocessing so you don't have to figure out the line points yourself. Its main use is in quality control, but I'm sure there could be other uses for it.
This is a small release, with no new options and no new graph types. It does fix and improve a few things, so I wanted to release it before I start working on things that will take more time to complete.
There are a couple of visible changes in this version, so I will point them out using this pie chart.
The first change is that SVGGraph now shades the flat edges of 3D pie graphs,
3D donut graphs and 3D polar area graphs using a colour calculated from the
depth_shade_gradient. On earlier versions the two flat edges of
the “Milk” slice in the example above would both be the same colour
as the top of the slice, but now they are shaded to match the curved edges.
- JPEG Saver - A screen saver for Windows that displays JPEG, PNG and BMP images.
- SVGGraph - A PHP library for generating SVG graphs.
- CRCDropper - A drag and drop CRC32 calculator.
- CRCDropper2 - Another drag and drop CRC32 calculator.
- CRCDropper3 - « see if you can guess what this does ».
- TrayBlank - a small utility for starting the screen saver from the system tray.
- Shuffler - a small utility for managing windows.
- Snow - a web page background snowfall, using the HTML5 canvas element.
About this site
Last updated 30/01/2023.